Author Topic: Sens 2013 TV schedule!  (Read 3561 times)

Offline CBCnutcase

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
Sens 2013 TV schedule!
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »
Here it is, http://senators.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm and http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?season=20122013&gameType=2&team=OTT&network=&venue=

The totals for all 48 games in english are:

34 on Sportsnet East
8 on HNIC
6 on TSN

For games in french, 22 on TVA Sports and 13 on RDS.

Other links, http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650679 and http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650229
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:43:11 AM by CBCnutcase »

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Sens 2013 TV schedule!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »
Thanks for the info.  That means for those of us behind enemy lines we get to watch a possible total of 14 games as Sportsnet games are blacked out.

Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 03:21:32 AM »
Thanks for the info.  That means for those of us behind enemy lines we get to watch a possible total of 14 games as Sportsnet games are blacked out.

Can you get TVA Sports and/or RDS in your parts? If it's a small monthly fee, it might be worth it...
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:38:52 AM »
Rogers wants $4.95/month for TVA Sports, and if I look at the schedule, TVA shows broadcasting the same times as SNET-E.  Can't see MLSE lifting the blackout for TVA and not SNET-E, unless that's the point of TVA.  Not sure if I want to take the chance on ordering it, only to get the famous "this program is blacked out in your area", the minute the game starts.  Dealing with Rogers to cancel is probably more than my heart can take... :icon_angry2:
Best luck I had was with a satellite descrambler, but I don't think the hackers have unscrambled the latest code for quite a few years... :smily1263:
Sooo...looks like I am in the same spot as BD...14 games.
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »
When a game is blacked out on Snet-E for me it is usually on Snet-Sens.
I do have to pay extra for that channel however (OR, they are sometimes on Snet-One). The program guide often says "blackout in effect" but I can actually select the channel and the games is on, Never in HD though. .

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
Sasquatch...where are you located?
I looked up channels I can add...Sens TV isn't even offered.  I can get the Leaf Chanel though... :icon_vomit:
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »
YA I am likely on a different provider .. Im in Sudbury.

But there should still be one channel on Rogers that carries it.
TVA, or Snet-One should have it on regardless if the guide says blackout. They don't list the games for some reason.

For me, Centre Ice won't even say a Sens game is on. You just have to know what channel it usually is on and check it on game nights...

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
Rogers wants $4.95/month for TVA Sports, and if I look at the schedule, TVA shows broadcasting the same times as SNET-E.  Can't see MLSE lifting the blackout for TVA and not SNET-E, unless that's the point of TVA.  Not sure if I want to take the chance on ordering it, only to get the famous "this program is blacked out in your area", the minute the game starts.  Dealing with Rogers to cancel is probably more than my heart can take... :icon_angry2:
Best luck I had was with a satellite descrambler, but I don't think the hackers have unscrambled the latest code for quite a few years... :smily1263:
Sooo...looks like I am in the same spot as BD...14 games.

Actually, the fact that it's in French MIGHT be reason for the blackout not to apply to that station. As for Rogers and cancelling, they are a pain with the entire service, but for individual channels/packages, they are not a problem at all.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »
We had Bell, and didn't have too much trouble finding channels.
Since getting Rogers, I can't believe how many times the same channel appears in different ranges on their TV guide.  Telling me I am getting 500+ channels is BS, when I get the same one on three different channels.
They don't list the Sens channel, but the have several reserved for Sportsnet "specialty sports" channels.  Will be watching them to see if the games are on one of them as Sasquatch says.  I know before it used to say "blackout in effect", but I never tried them to see if the game was actually on.  Will also check out RDS...in French is better than nothing, I guess... 8)

Offline CBCnutcase

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
Actually, the fact that it's in French MIGHT be reason for the blackout not to apply to that station. As for Rogers and cancelling, they are a pain with the entire service, but for individual channels/packages, they are not a problem at all.
That's right, TVA Sports is not blacked out and the same goes for RDS. Getting TVA Sports is worth it since only one of their 22 games is on TSN. On RDS, 8 Sens games are already on HNIC and TSN which leaves just five games where RDS is needed.

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 02:31:18 PM »
Not important.... But  Here is the 3rd Jersey Schedule...

• TUES., JAN. 29 — vs. Washington Capitals
  • SAT., FEB. 9 — vs. Winnipeg Jets
  • TUES., FEB. 19 — vs. New York Islanders
  • SAT., MAR. 23 — vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
  • SAT., MAR. 30 — vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
  • TUES., APR. 16 — vs. Carolina Hurricanes
  • MON., APR. 22 — vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Offline CBCnutcase

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »
Heads up for this Saturday afternoon, the national game will be the Jets-Senators except for BC, Alberta, and SW Ontario. Those areas will get Oilers-Red Wings. There has been a change on the Sens schedule, the April 2 against the Bruins will now be on SN East which means no games on SN Sens this season.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:41:46 AM by CBCnutcase »

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »
I get screwed again....    :icon_angry2: :icon_angry2: :icon_angry2: :icon_angry2:
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »
Why would they do that?  That's just dumb.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.