Author Topic: 2013 General chat.  (Read 7496 times)

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 General chat.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
I actually think it was the Ottawa Sun that carried this story.  The Toronto Star did too.
I personally think this is just Melnyk being Melnyk. 

Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »
After watching the video, I looked online for the same story in the Ottawa Sun, but didn't find it.
I almost never watch Sun TV, and after viewing that, I remember why... :shock:
And, if Rose is any indication of what Sens fans think of Ottawa/Toronto games, I understand why management did it.
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »
Hire more security.  Simple. 

I've heard the same thing from Leaf fans about Sens fans in Ottawa.

Why doesn't it happen in Buffalo or Montreal or in the ACC with visiting fans? 

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
After watching the video, I looked online for the same story in the Ottawa Sun, but didn't find it.
I almost never watch Sun TV, and after viewing that, I remember why... :shock:
And, if Rose is any indication of what Sens fans think of Ottawa/Toronto games, I understand why management did it.

Yep...when I saw the Sun News byline on the video I prepared myself for what was to come.  Can't say that I ever watch it on my actual TV. 

Hire more security.  Simple. 

I've heard the same thing from Leaf fans about Sens fans in Ottawa.

Why doesn't it happen in Buffalo or Montreal or in the ACC with visiting fans? 

The security that has been hired for Leafs games here in Ottawa is ridiculous!  Not only do they increase the "civilian" security/ushers, etc. there are always tons of Ottawa Police there.  It's just stupid, IMHO.  And,  yeah, I am sure you have heard "the same thing" from Leaf fans about Sens fans but, frankly, it has more to do with skirmishes breaking out due to provocation from Leafs fans since you don't hear about these fights, brawls, etc. when ANY OTHER TEAM BUT THE LEAFS are at SBP.  We have tons of Habs fans come to the building when they are in town but beyond the extremely annoying Ole song, the place is not packed with Ottawa Police and it's simply not the sh*tshow out on the concourse, in the parking lot, etc.  One can't even compare the two.  THAT'S a "rivalry" in terms of fans.  But when the Leafs are in town, it's a train wreck, plain and simple.

And I am the first to admit that not all these Leafs fans come from out-of-town and/or Toronto.  The Leafs have a solid fanbase living in Ottawa.  But those of us who embraced our own NHL team since they came to town are simply sick and tired of the "battle" of Ontario game nights here at the SBP.  I pay money to have a good time....not put up with insults, flying objects and general mayhem.

"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 02:27:40 PM »
....I forgot to mention.....not only are the Ottawa Police at the Leafs games in big numbers but I have also heard that they are now thinking of putting in plainclothes officers for Leafs games as well.  It's not an "over reaction" from Ottawa management.  They are simply trying to bring some order to these games because it is out of hand.

"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »
Well said Rose.  I myself will never attend a Leafs @ Ottawa game for all the reasons you listed and more.

I personally HATE that Ole Ole Ole chant for numerous reasons but I've yet to have a negative encounter with a Habs fan at the game.  Hell, when I had seasons tickets years ago there was this guy who sat two rows in front of me (I was 315 C 11) on the railing that bugged the hell out of me (just because he was a Habs fan) but we got to chatting one day and had actual hockey discussions: something you just can't do with Leafs fans.

And this tool Menzoid or w/e calling Alfie names.  This douche would LOVE to have a player like Alfie on his team.  He's just another shining example of why Leafs fans are hated everywhere.  They know jack sh*t about hockey and just dwell in the past.  I'd love to ask a Leafs fan why they (that person in particular) boos Alfie but I would only get attitude in response and not an actual answer.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
^^I, too, am sick and tired of the Alfie Animosity exhibited by Leafs fans.  Simply shows what a bunch of immature a-holes they are.  As far as that nob on Sun News....he likely doesn't even understand the sport of hockey so I consider the 'source' as far as his idiotic comments. :shake:

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 12:49:45 AM »
Kovalev told by the Panthers to take a hike. 2 G, 3A in 14 games, and a healthy scratch 6 times. Time to hang 'em up, I say.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »
Kovalev told by the Panthers to take a hike. 2 G, 3A in 14 games, and a healthy scratch 6 times. Time to hang 'em up, I say.

Thought they might keep him the lineup to have a better chance at a high draft pick!  8)

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »
Wow, this is crazy. Shannon on Sportsnet just talked about the tiebreakers in this shortened season:

1. ROW (regulation & overtime wins)
2. Head-to-head records between the teams in the tiebreaker
3. Goal differential

If that's all equal and there's still no winner, then the final tiebreaker is... A FREAKIN' COIN TOSS!!!!!

A team could not make the playoffs based on a stupid coin toss. Bush league!!!
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
Thats just not right. 
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:21 AM »
Wow, I only caught part of that and thought they were joking.  If my playoff hopes were quashed by a coin toss I might just stop playing hockey. :)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
Hmmmmm......wonder if the coin toss(es) would be televised?   :shake:

Offline Billy_Muckwalt

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »
Why would they do something this stupid when they could just have Maggie the Monkey choose the team?
Luongo sucks.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »
Why would they do something this stupid when they could just have Maggie the Monkey choose the team?

:A_laughing_matter:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »

Excellent point!   :laugh2:

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »
NJ lost a first round pick (to be next draft) over his contract, and he bolts after 3 years. :A_laughing_matter:

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »
SO what happens with that pick ?
Is there just one less kid getting drafted next year? Because thats punishing more than just the Devils.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 10:16:44 AM »
Just means the kid that was going to be drafted last won't be.