Author Topic: Jared Cowen Back At Practice  (Read 1401 times)

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Jared Cowen Back At Practice
« on: March 27, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »
This is promising news and it looks as though Cowen has been cleared for contact.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419222
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Jared Cowen Back At Practice
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »
^^Kind of surprising but, on the other hand, young'uns heal quickly!  I did think he would be gone until next season. 
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:11:58 AM »
I still don't expect him around until the playoffs, which is not necessarily the time you want a player to get his feet wet all over again. If he can get 5+ games in before the playoffs though, I would like him better than Lundin or Benoit (although Benoit hasn't looked bad, he's no Cowen).
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 12:42:47 PM »
I still don't expect him around until the playoffs, which is not necessarily the time you want a player to get his feet wet all over again. If he can get 5+ games in before the playoffs though, I would like him better than Lundin or Benoit (although Benoit hasn't looked bad, he's no Cowen).

:icon_agree: totally.  Especially in a season like this one.  While every team that goes into the playoffs has aspirations to go all the way (see LA Kings last year), one would really have to assess the pros and the cons carefully of one of your top-4 dmen re-injuring himself for a playoff run that might not last very long.  Of course, other things come into play including the continued health of your current roster players, etc. heading into the post-season.  Either way, looking forward to when he DOES come back. :nod:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 02:15:24 PM »

Cowen makes his return tonight against the Hurricanes.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420902
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:15 PM »
A great addition, but likely quite rusty. Let's not be too hard on him if he screws up a few times tonight.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"