Author Topic: Get Rogers NHL Gamecenter for free until 31st of December  (Read 3065 times)

Offline psahlgren

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Stanley to Ottawa 2014-2015
    • View Profile
Get Rogers NHL Gamecenter for free until 31st of December
« on: September 22, 2014, 03:40:48 PM »
Only requirements is to have Rogers Wireless plan or Internet.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/nhl/
Voila

"We feel we've been playing playoff hockey for a while now." - Andrew Hammond

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Get Rogers NHL Gamecenter for free until 31st of December
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:42:49 AM »
I don't have anything Rogers so that rules me out.
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:04 AM »
Supposedly I qualify...lets see if they try to bill me after December... :icon_angry2:
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:48:18 AM »
I have it through NHL.com.  I don't have cable whatsoever.  Only missed 4 Sens games last season because those particular games were not considered out of market.  I think it will be more games this year as TSN is only showing around 60 regional games and those are the ones that I should have access to.

I know that some fans down in the States are suing the NHL over NHLGamecenter, and rightfully so.  They claim that many people who subscribe to it, either do not have cable or only have basic cable and still wouldn't be able to view some games nationally with the basic cable package.  So if you are fan of the Panthers and live in New York, you will miss the national games.  I'm a fan of the Sens now living in Sarnia and I do not have cable, and with the new deal with Rogers, just how many games am I going to miss.

The NHL, just like many specialty channels, are missing a huge money making market of catering to people who view streaming video.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
I am waiting too...will see how many more games I get with the Sportsnet/TSN change.  If I am reading it right, TSN will be picking up more regional games?  Which, in my case, because I live in Oshawa, I will STILL not be getting any more games...just a guess.

Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 01:10:59 AM »
I am waiting too...will see how many more games I get with the Sportsnet/TSN change.  If I am reading it right, TSN will be picking up more regional games?  Which, in my case, because I live in Oshawa, I will STILL not be getting any more games...just a guess.

Things will be exactly the same as last year, just with a switch in channels. You'll still see the national games, but they'll be on Sportsnet instead of TSN, and you still won't see the regional games, which will be on TSN instead of Sportsnet.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
The game Saturday night (10/11) was televised on Sportsnet One, which I don't believe I would have seen last year...it would have been blacked out down here in the GTA.

Maybe there is a little hope?

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »
The game Saturday night (10/11) was televised on Sportsnet One, which I don't believe I would have seen last year...it would have been blacked out down here in the GTA.

Maybe there is a little hope?

Those Saturday night games are national games, whether on CBC or Sportsnet.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 11:51:31 AM »
So far what I've noticed about NHL GameCentre Live is that now that it is run by Rogers it looks as though I now have access to see all the games.  Since I live in a cable free home, it is worth the $200 I spent to get it.

Only real beefs I have, before Rogers took over you could rewind during a game to watch a play that you missed or replay the game if you missed some of it.  I don't have that ability anymore.  I can pause a game and go pick up my son at his hockey practice, but if I've missed anything I have to wait a day before I can watch a replay of the game.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline psahlgren

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Stanley to Ottawa 2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
Havent tried this yet, but just a thought. Wonder if you could use a service such as Anchorfree which directs your proxy settings as if you were outside Canada and then ran NHL gamecenter, you should be able to get all sens games even the blackout ones?
www.anchorfree.com

"We feel we've been playing playoff hockey for a while now." - Andrew Hammond

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »
If any of you subscribe to Rogers internet services of Hybrid 60 or up you get Gamecenter free for the year.  The hope is this gets renewed each following year!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
It would be nice (it does come in handy once in a while even though I have cable TV), but I'm thinking it's just a promotional thing with Rogers having purchased the rights and all that.