Author Topic: Playoff talk  (Read 12699 times)

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Playoff talk
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
I think the Sens were trying to be a little too fancy at times instead of doing the little things that got them to the dance in the first place.   I thought Borowiecki was the only one who knew they were in a playoff game from the time the puck dropped.

I'm not too worried about Hammond.  He should get the start in game 2.  He's shown during his run to the playoffs that he can bounce back from a bad game.

Subban's slash could be considered a blatant intent to injure.  I believe that it was, but I also believe he got what got, because he bitches about everything and the refs made the wrong call on Eller's high stick.  He used the butt end of his stick on Zibanejad and I'm pretty sure that's a match penalty (could be wrong).

Cameron should've kept his intentions inhouse with regards to what he plans on doing if Subban isn't suspended.

It's time for the boys to get refocused on the task at hand because this series is going to get a whole lot nastier if game 1 is any indication.

GOSENSGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
Cameron is an idiot.

Habs fans protesting the 5 and GM, and Sens calling for a suspension.  The on ice call was the right one in my opinion.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »
Subban not suspended, but then again I forgot who the head NHL disciplinarian was.  For Montreal Canadien, Stephane Quintal.  Since he's come in, he's consistently turned a blind eye where the Habs are concerned.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »

Don Brennan@SunDoniB 20m20 minutes agoMark Stone reportedly has a "micro-fracture" of his wrist. Waiting for word on what that means as far as his participation in series #sens

Bruce Garrioch@SunGarrioch 13m13 minutes agoChris Neil is skating on the 4th line with Legwand and Hoffman #Sens

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »
A 1 game suspension would have been reasonable, regardless of the in-game penalty.  PK gets to return for Game 2 while Stone is likely done for the series.

NHL consistency at its best.  Last year this got Johnson 2 games.  If anything I'd say this is "less offensive" than PK's slash as it was while Neilson was playing the puck, and he initially hit the gloves, not bare arm.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=704696

I say send in Bobby Ryan on Price, not to run him, but a nice friendly "hello" slash down on his glove hand while he covers a puck.

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 01:00:04 PM »
I am still livid.  But not so much that Stone is out, or really at PK anymore, but at the league.  I wish the NHL would grow a pair of balls and either be consistent in its suspensions, or address situations such as these and provide a details explanation as to why no suspension is warranted.

Again, the clear cut parallel above which Johnson gets 2 games.  He had no prior discipline history, and slashed an opponent causing injury.

Why 2 games and none here?  1 would be acceptable when you do consider the fact that PK was ejected from the game.

And now here we are, the NHL has created a gong show by failing to address this situation.  All eyes will be on Ottawa to scrutinize any retribution which the team may take.  I guarantee you things will be called much tighter against Ottawa than Montreal because of this.

The Sens need to play the Habs strong and hard, but cleanly.  But most importantly, come out with the win to start the elimination process.

Offline psahlgren

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Stanley to Ottawa 2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
Anyone listened to TSN1200 this morning? Steve Warnes version of the Monty Python classic "lumberjack song".. It was hilarious LOL

"We feel we've been playing playoff hockey for a while now." - Andrew Hammond

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 02:35:28 PM »
Again, the clear cut parallel above which Johnson gets 2 games.  He had no prior discipline history, and slashed an opponent causing injury.

"It's the playoffs"
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 04:46:16 PM »
"It's the playoffs"

Unfortunately it only applies to the offender, zero consideration given to the injured player.  It's his playoffs too.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »
edit: I'll give Hammond the benefit of the doubt here, but teams that win the Cup need goaltending that stands out. Not what Hammond has been dishing out so far these playoffs.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:52:50 PM by Metalhawk »
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 10:35:25 PM »
However, Gryba needs to sit permanently. Way more upside in Cowen than there ever will be in Gryba. Nice turnover there.  :duh :duh :duh

But again, Hammond NEEDS to stop that.

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »
A disappointing end following a very bad turnover.

Price is human, we know that, Sens have had no issues scoring on him.  They just need to stop the BS play in their own and, take two wins at home and they are right back in this series.  Part of me worries though that the team is "spent" following their run.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »
When you play 2 months of "must-win" hockey, sooner or later you run out of steam.

The saying is that you're not in trouble until you lose a game at home, so there's still hope. :)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »
Have faith, Sens Fans!  The guys will get 'er done tomorrow! GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 03:13:48 PM »
ROSE!!!!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
'Tis I.  How are you doing, BB?  Bet those kids of yours are getting big!  I've got the draft lottery on here and right now, before it happens, I call BS if the Leafs get the #1 pick! :nod:

Cheers! :drink:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline bassman

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • If it was easy ... everyone would be doing it!
    • View Profile
    • PokerStars.COM  the best internet poker site! My ID: NiteInJail
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2015, 08:40:21 PM »
Nope Edmonton got it ...  good to see ya Rose
 :howdy:

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2015, 01:06:48 AM »
Edmonton winning the lottery is hilarious. The Oilers' owner is currently suing the Otters' owner for $4.5 million.

And McDavid's reaction:

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2015, 08:03:50 AM »
'Tis I.  How are you doing, BB?  Bet those kids of yours are getting big!  I've got the draft lottery on here and right now, before it happens, I call BS if the Leafs get the #1 pick! :nod:

Cheers! :drink:

Oh yes, the girls have grown quite big, they don't stop!  Their attitudes make it an adventure each day as well.  The youngest, Lilly, has a firecracker attitude that gets set off for no particular reason.  Alexis thankfully is more reasonable and actually takes the time to listen to what you're trying to say!

So Edmonton won the lottery eh?  I guess that's the last we hear of McDavid.  Eichel must be laughing.

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »
I had to take a pic of his reaction too.... Looked like he was gonna cry and lose his mind at the same time