Author Topic: Lehner & Legwand to Buffalo for 21st draft pick  (Read 1820 times)

Offline psahlgren

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Stanley to Ottawa 2014-2015
    • View Profile
Lehner & Legwand to Buffalo for 21st draft pick
« on: June 26, 2015, 10:12:19 AM »
Just heard this??? So really no return on these 2 players??
I just don't get it... :icon_angry2:
Ok I realize that Murray is ridding Legwands contract as well but still, I thought this was going to bring at least something in return.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:16:37 AM by psahlgren »

"We feel we've been playing playoff hockey for a while now." - Andrew Hammond

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Lehner & Legwand to Buffalo for 21st draft pick
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »
I think its a pretty good trade, as do the majority of people I've seen reactions from (that arent Buffalo fans).
Its a blessing to get rid of Legwand, and a first for Lehner is a great return. It also clears 5 mill in cap which will lead to the team being able to make some additions.

Offline psahlgren

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Stanley to Ottawa 2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »
I think its a pretty good trade, as do the majority of people I've seen reactions from (that arent Buffalo fans).
Its a blessing to get rid of Legwand, and a first for Lehner is a great return. It also clears 5 mill in cap which will lead to the team being able to make some additions.

Ok Fair enough, I had hoped Murray could've swinged a top 6 forward or something like that. I guess I had put too high expectations. Anyways cant wait for the season to start

"We feel we've been playing playoff hockey for a while now." - Andrew Hammond

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
Considering that a better backup (Talbot) couldn't get more than a 2 second round picks offer, this return is pretty good. Plus a roster spot is needed right now to get Prince up and running in the NHL.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »
Good deal for the Sens.

Legwand was a healthy scratch near the end of the season and it gives the Sens some cap relief.

With both O'Connor and Hammond being signed, it was either going to be Anderson or Lehner.  Getting a 1st for a goalie who still hasn't really proven himself as a starter and had a serious concussion is pretty good.

I was hoping to go and check out one of those 1st round picks (Colin White) when Boston plays the University of Michigan, but unfortunately UoM (who plays Boston twice in the upcoming season) plays both games in Boston.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
This doesn't look good for Lehner. Crutches, boot cast and Bylsma saying the injury is "not short term". My guess is a ripped achilles.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"