Author Topic: How will the Sens do in the new season?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline psahlgren

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Stanley to Ottawa 2014-2015
    • View Profile
How will the Sens do in the new season?
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:54:17 AM »
I like what I am seeing in Guy Boucher and his coaching staff so far. We need a good solid structured defense and power play. I think we will see the Sens as one the most improved teams this season.
Even though it was a pretty lame game against the leafs, we got the win and that's all that matters. I think we will probably need about 12-13 games to see the actual changes implemented.

Any thoughts please post below I'd love to hear some...

"We feel we've been playing playoff hockey for a while now." - Andrew Hammond

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How will the Sens do in the new season?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »
The offense was never really an issue last year, and there's no reason to believe it will be this year either.

I am not very confident in the goaltending, as Anderson has been declining over the last few years, and Hammond will never be more than a solid backup.

The defense is what will dictate whether or not the Sens make the playoffs. Boucher and Crawford have their work cut out for them, and judging by Wednesday's game, all the bad habits developed under MacLean and Cameron are so ingrained in 5 of the starters (minus Phaneuf) that it will take a while to adjust. By the time they do, I'm afraid that it will already be too late (remember the stat that the playoff teams are already pretty much set by December 1st, or something like that).
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 11:38:59 PM »
His first game of the year, but Hammond is starting to show that last year was what he really is: not a very good goalie. Starting to show that his first year was a fluke.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:53:31 AM »
That's to bad.  I wish they had kept Bishop. He was a good keeper.  However, but ifs and should nots are the result of poor decisions that management have made and will continue to make.  The burden now rests on Boucher.  He has to take the result of all these decisions and make a go at it.  Its up to the players to decide to buy into his plan and the responsibility of the staff to guide the players into making that decision.  We will know by game 10 how the season will go.

Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 02:11:56 PM »
My opinion is that unless Hammond shapes up and fast, he won't get a contract offer this off-season. Driedger or O'Connor will be the starting backup next year and Hogberg will be in Bellville getting ready for the big leagues.

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 12:42:33 PM »
Hamburglar waived, cleared,  and placed in the AHL.... brutal

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 01:48:24 PM »
I must correct myself above. Looks like Hammond is under contract until after next season. Yikes.