Author Topic: Assessment so far  (Read 785 times)

Offline psahlgren

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Stanley to Ottawa 2014-2015
    • View Profile
Assessment so far
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
I think over all we are playing a much more aggressive defensive game, which has been so needed for too long. We do need start shooting the puck a lot more. I think it will come with time. I really do like Guy Boucher style as a coach. Lets hope Nicholle can win the battle over her cancer, Craig has played unbelievably well considering all he is currently going through. The shut out against the oilers was a real tear jerker just an amazing game I will never forget. The new goalie Mike Condon, oh boy is he ever good, love his style of play. Style reminds me a bit of Carey Price, the calmness etc. Just my 2 cents.

What are your thoughts so far? Would love to hear. Thanks

"We feel we've been playing playoff hockey for a while now." - Andrew Hammond

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Assessment so far
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 06:16:17 PM »
What seems obvious to me is that most players' normal focus is so far away from defense that with Boucher insisting on it, they have to think and concentrate extra and it's affecting the offensive output. But they have cut down on the shots against, and it's helping.

As for Condon, I said it even through the big streak 18 months ago that I didn't believe Hammond was good. And that's what he has shown all of last season and the early parts of this one. He's was and still is a fluke. Condon seems good, and I have more faith in him that in Hammond, but I won't make any judgement until I see more than 2 games.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Assessment so far
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
I like Condons potential, moreso than I did Hammonds. I think for sure that Condon is our best goalie behind Anderson. Dreidger is OK, and O'Connor seems like a total flop, his record in the AHL is terrible. .

I havent been able to catch too many games this season, Im having a hard time getting into hockey...but it's coming on a bit now.
Great that they are playing a bit more defensively but being 28th in the league for Goals For isn't a great omen...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:51:01 PM by Sasquatch »