Author Topic: Congrats  (Read 4648 times)

Offline DevsCupChamps

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Congrats
« on: May 19, 2003, 09:40:41 PM »
I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the nice win by your team. I knew that the Sens were too good to just give up and die. Well, my Devils got thoroughly spanked today but we'll see what happens on Wed. Anyway, congrats again.

Offline Johnson

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 10:02:01 PM »
:o a devils fan who knows what he's talking about and isn't a jerk.
my hero.

Offline sensrbest

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 10:03:15 PM »
Quote from: DevsCupChamps
I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the nice win by your team. I knew that the Sens were too good to just give up and die. Well, my Devils got thoroughly spanked today but we'll see what happens on Wed. Anyway, congrats again.

Thanks, Bud! That's class. It was a pretty good game. Roger's speech must have got them moving.

Offline DevsCupChamps

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 10:14:12 PM »
I've been reading posts lately and it seemed to me that a lot of Sens fans just gave up on the team. I honestly expected a long tough series because this Sens team has shown a lot of character and heart this season. And look, they finally won an elimination game so I think that proves this team has turned a corner. Of course I still hope that the Devils crush them at home but I admit I am sweating.

Offline sensrbest

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 10:19:14 PM »
Yeah, you're right the next game will be even tougher. But I like our momentum and I like our chances. Jersey's always tough and you know for sure they'll be as tough as tough can be in the next game. We may have found a few answers.

Offline sens_fan_6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 10:42:58 PM »
It was an amazing game tonight- Our team was playing with their hearts, and they were all fantastic tonight. Even Alfredson was good today- finally our team captain has done his job! Lalime was good today- I knew he would bounce back, if he had just stop that goal on that faceoff, he could have had a shutout- but oh well, it was good game he played today.

Now I was very impressed by Jason Spezza, wow! He's really talented! They should have put him right in the beginning of this series. He's scored a goal and he assisted on one, now that's great for someone who's playing for the first time in the playoffs! And he's only 19! wow! Keep the guy in the next games! He's awesome!

I was really happy with the game today- it's a relief after watching the previous games in which the sens had lost except for game 1.

The Sens need to keep it up! and I believe with this effort, they can make it!
Go Sens Go!

Offline jesusfreak5311

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2003, 11:02:42 PM »
I sure was nervous watching today's game until Spezza's insurance goal.  I still think the Sens could have played better but I am extremely happy with the win.  They missed the net too many times and they could have had a couple more goals.  Hopefully their shots will be more accurate on Wed, and they will be able to capitalize on all their opportunities.  It is nice to see that something positive finally came out of their PP and PK.

Offline HkyHottie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2003, 11:11:02 PM »
I agree great game and Spezza wow I was totally impressed.
However the Sens are still in a must-win situation.  Remember the Devils are 8-0 at home.  How about the nice ringer off the cross-bar by Vaclav.  
I think the refs called some shady calls on the Devils but, I'm not going to compalin we won the game and I'm happy.  Lalime played okay he wasn't really tested.  Let's see what happens wed.  One game at a time and one period at a time.  

GO SENS GO

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2003, 11:25:36 PM »

Thanks DevsCupChamps!!
I just got home from the game where I met another Devils poster "DevilsFan" who drove up for the game. You Devils fans are class acts!

It was a good solid game tonight, and the crowd although nervous at first really came to life in the second after the call that went against us in our own end. That coming just after Spezza was tackled at the other end. Athough I didn't care to see towels raining down on the ice, I did like the fans letting the refs know what we think of them. I pretty sure it was loud enough for the TV audience to hear it as well  :twisted: . DevsFan mentioned to me after the second period that we boo alot  :lol:  at which time another Sens fan piped up "We know our hockey"

Spezza was excellent. Good move Jacques..It's just want we fans have been saying all along :P  The entire team pulled it together tonight and did not give Jersey much room tonight even if we were outshot. Congrats to Patty for stepping up tonight. I critized him after game 4 and tonight I got to eat some crow, which I don't mind at all.

Well, this sets up a war for game 6  :wink:

GO SENS GO!!!!
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2003, 11:31:31 PM »
HkyHottie quote: Lalime played okay he wasn't really tested. Let's see what happens wed. One game at a time and one period at a time.

From what I saw, he made some pretty dam nice saves tonight. He faced the same types of shots tonight (top of circle) as he has all series.  Devs had 7 shots to 2 after the first period, Devs 22 - Sens 18 at the end.
His sprawling save in the first was about as it can get. After I criticized his weak goals in game 4, I am happy to eat crow tonight.

Brodeur did good at the other end  :D

Offline Otherdave

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2003, 12:16:06 AM »
Devs fans have a lot to be proud of. MAN those 'checkers' can skate. Damn you John Madden!

Dagwood please update your 'tracker'.

Other Dave
MOPSA

Offline sensfan2513

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2003, 12:18:46 AM »

Thanx much DCC!  Appreciate it.  :)

I think we're just happy that they finally showed what the real Senators team is all about.  I sure as heck am!  All the same, sorry for the scare. :wink:  Just hoping for the best from both sides, nice long(er) series, and so...no regrets.

Offline rakembaggemcurbem

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2003, 01:06:24 AM »
one down and two to go...knocking wood :D

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2003, 01:07:39 AM »
Quote from: Otherdave
Devs fans have a lot to be proud of. MAN those 'checkers' can skate. Damn you John Madden!

Dagwood please update your 'tracker'.

Other Dave

Done, LOL

Offline Shred

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rancore.net
Congrats
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2003, 01:30:26 AM »
a win is a win is a win...and you guys won, so we'll see you wedensday in the swamp! :twisted:

and no I'm not going to whine about the refs...we all know they're worthless... :roll:
"Jim McKenzie specializes in attitude adjustment!"
Thank You Senators, for The most exciting series of the year!!!

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
Congrats
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 01:40:29 AM »
Quote from: Shred

and no I'm not going to whine about the refs

Well shred I don't mean to nitpick but I found this posted by you after the game:

" Man these euro-sens are sickening...the diving is plain awful...the call on Brylin was soooo bad...it shows the true character of these losers when they try to cheat... "
AND
" these refs are mind numbingly stupid... "

*Now if thats not whining, I don't what is.

Stomping

doc

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Athym

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2003, 01:50:01 AM »
Quote from: docawesome
Quote from: Shred

and no I'm not going to whine about the refs

Well shred I don't mean to nitpick but I found this posted by you after the game:

" Man these euro-sens are sickening...the diving is plain awful...the call on Brylin was soooo bad...it shows the true character of these losers when they try to cheat... "
AND
" these refs are mind numbingly stupid... "

*Now if thats not whining, I don't what is.

Stomping

doc

a little pleasant here.  Not so over at DR.

Offline Shred

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rancore.net
Congrats
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2003, 04:54:17 AM »
thanks Doc!!!

My horns come out on the Devils website you know... :twisted:

I'm over it now...I'll admit I was not a happy camper, and I certainly was not goin' to bombard you're guy site with it... :roll:
"Jim McKenzie specializes in attitude adjustment!"
Thank You Senators, for The most exciting series of the year!!!

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Congrats
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2003, 09:44:12 AM »
Personally, I feel that a fan can and should be able to post what he wants on his own website.  A flyer Fan tried really hard to discredit me by pulling one of my threads from the Official Ottawa Sens forum and posting it on his own site on Flyerphans, then another did the same on the Orange & Black Forum. It pissed me off and I quickly made them both look like bozo's for doing it since the message I had posted actually was a compliment to the True Flyer fans and a jab at the Bandwagon folks.

Anyway, Shred is ok in my books. Let's not start browsing other fans sites looking for stuff that would otherwise not have been posted here. I think it discredits this board and it's fans. Sorry Doc :wink:

Shred does go out of his way to be a respectful poster and when he has strayed, we let him know and he quickly responds.

Other than that.... Dev's have the pressure squarely on their shoulders now and that 8 - 0 home stand bubble is due to burst  :twisted:

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
Congrats
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2003, 01:36:58 PM »
Quote from: Dagwood
Personally, I feel that a fan can and should be able to post what he wants on his own

Actually I do agree with that, I mean Jay Leno makes fun of clelebrities on his show then a few days later he interviews them. So ya I guess its ok so I apologize.  :?

doc

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."