Author Topic: Lalime was Better!  (Read 4368 times)

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« on: May 20, 2003, 08:55:00 AM »
I'm Lalime's biggest critic! I thought I should post this to say "He was much better last night". I still think he has room to improve! At least the first shot didn't go in! If he can keep it up for another 2 games we'll have a good chance! But I'm sure the Devils will have something to say tomorrow night!

One game at a time! Wed. night and then I cancel my plans for Friday night and stay home for the clinching of the Eastern final!
16 playoff wins=Holy Grail.....Sens 2006...Can't wait to pad the stats against the Blues!

Offline Nevermore

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 08:58:19 AM »
I was one of the people who didn't agree with all the Lalime-bashing. Granted he had an off game, but even Brodeur has had some stinkers in these playoffs. Patty's bad game came at a horrible time but I still think he is easily one of the games best.

--Ryan

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 09:19:43 AM »
I only said he played better, He is still average!
16 playoff wins=Holy Grail.....Sens 2006...Can't wait to pad the stats against the Blues!

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 09:20:20 AM »
Lalime had more than one off game.  Last night, he thankfully pulled it back together but right now he has been on a Checkmanuk like one game on, one game off routine that he needs to break pronto.  

The Sens also blocked a ton of shots and in the first period looked like they didn't want any long shots to get through and I don't blame them.    Lalime is still the big question mark.   He can get in a groove for several games in a row but it's hard to guess if he will or not.

Offline sensrbest

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 09:29:14 AM »
Maybe someone addressed the goalie situation on the fly. If I'm Muckler I'm thinking that this won't wait. A good lambasting from management might have done the trick. Whatever happened Patrick responded with some fantastic desperate stops.

Hang in there Patrick! Your team needs you NOW!

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 10:37:41 AM »
If Lailime plays like he did in last years Philly series, then I'll start calling him a good goaltender. There is hope, but he has to get a lot more consistant.  :roll:

Offline Otherdave

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 10:41:01 AM »
Lalime is an above-average, but not stunning, goaltender. What he is is good enough, as long as the team in front of him plays to their talent level.

On the other hand, as long as the Sens keep panicking with the league, and giving Madden and Pandolfo 800 breakaways per game, Lalime is gonna let a few in stick side.

Other Dave
MOPSA

Offline jesusfreak5311

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 10:55:20 AM »
I think everyone has been too harsh on him, and he's even had some comparisons to Cloutier.  Sure he had an off game but he's had good numbers all season.  A few bad games isn't enough to say that he needs to be traded.

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 11:36:37 AM »
Quote from: Otherdave
Lalime is an above-average, but not stunning, goaltender. What he is is good enough, as long as the team in front of him plays to their talent level.

On the other hand, as long as the Sens keep panicking with the league, and giving Madden and Pandolfo 800 breakaways per game, Lalime is gonna let a few in stick side.

Other Dave

First of all, they were not breakaways, the defense kept them to the outside! They shot from the top of the face off circle on 3 of them! He needs to stop them! I agree he can be above average, I hope he shows us he is above average for the rest of this playoff season! If he can backstop them to the final, I'll agree he is above average! He is average in my books until then!

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2003, 11:40:39 AM »
Quote from: jesusfreak5311
I think everyone has been too harsh on him, and he's even had some comparisons to Cloutier.  Sure he had an off game but he's had good numbers all season.  A few bad games isn't enough to say that he needs to be traded.

Unfortunatly when the "bad games" come at this time of the year it everything is on the line. Including his job! It's nice to have a great regular season, Is that good enough for this team now....NO! We need a game stealing goaltender, to compliment the rest of the highly skilled players we have! Is Lalime that guy? Maybe, but he needs to show it NOW!

Offline Otherdave

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2003, 11:52:44 AM »
Quote from: DallasSENSFan
First of all, they were not breakaways, the defense kept them to the outside! They shot from the top of the face off circle on 3 of them! He needs to stop them!

That is a very high percentage shot for most NHL forwards. Lalime may "need" to stop them but the Devils shouldn't be getting unmolested shots from that part of the ice in the first place.

Quote from: DallasSENSFan
We need a game stealing goaltender, to compliment the rest of the highly skilled players we have!

Unfortunately, there aren't any available, so the rest of the team will just have to step up.

Other Dave
MOPSA

Offline England_Sen

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2003, 03:04:27 PM »
I think the thing with Lalime is that if he has a good 1st period he tends to play OK. If he lets one of the first couple of shots in, we're in trouble.

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2003, 04:18:42 PM »
Your right, If he lets the first one in, it's like the snowball effect! The team has to open up and they end up getting odd man rushes ect..ect...ect....

Offline bigtree

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Finally have cable down here!
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2003, 04:49:14 PM »
I can smell it now. Everyone will be scambling in the off season to see what they can throw at the "on the for sale block" Ducks for Jiggy...
I suppose with Chara gone... I need a new sig line...

Offline sens_fan_6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2003, 05:31:31 PM »
I think Lalime played good last night. He bounced back, and I knew he would!
Go Sens Go!

Offline Amnesia Wand

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 09:43:41 AM »
If we can develop Prusek a little bit more (get him to stop giving bad rebounds) I think that he'll be just what we need!  It may not help us now, but I think that he'll be a great asset in nets, maybe as soon as next season!  Fingers crossed!

As for Lalime, given he's had a couple bad games, but I'm keeping the faith that he can pull it off!
"To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!"---Homer Simpson
"What IS your fascination with my forbidden closet of mysteries?"---Chief Wiggum

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 10:05:57 AM »
The biggest difference for the Sens this year is that they are all blocking shots, which was something they were heavily criticized for against the Leafs.  They did it against the ISLES, They did it against the Flyers, they kind of got away from it with Jersey but it seems they have gotten back to it now. As long as the players take away some of the shots and continue to clear the lanes as they did in game 5, Lalimes job is much easier. Come on Patty, it's time to get into that zone again.  :twisted:  :twisted:

STAND TALL, STAND PROUD and most of all, BE A WALL!!! (rhyming not intended , LOL)
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 01:51:31 PM »
He was definitely better last game, probably because the team were blocking shots. If he can come out tonight and stop the low percentage shots we should do OK. He just can't let that backbreaker goal in like to tying goal in the 5-2 debacle!

Offline sens_rule_fisher

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 05:43:23 PM »
Why is everyone blaming everything on Lalime?? Yes he had a bad game, GET OVER IT!! He was really good on monday................he made so key saves...............he helped the sens win!! I'm sure that tonight he will be just as good. Although he does have alot of pressure on his shoulders.

GO SENS GO!
go sens go!!

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Lalime was Better!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2003, 05:59:42 PM »
Quote from: sens_rule_fisher
Why is everyone blaming everything on Lalime?? Yes he had a bad game, GET OVER IT!! He was really good on monday................he made so key saves...............he helped the sens win!! I'm sure that tonight he will be just as good. Although he does have alot of pressure on his shoulders.

GO SENS GO!

Maybe because he has already cost us a couple of games in this series! 3-1 3 weak goals! 5-2 4 weak goals. Common open your eyes, he can be very average! I hope is's better tonight!