Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 2389 times)

Offline HkyHottie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« on: May 20, 2003, 08:36:06 PM »
I'm just wondering why lasts night's game was labeled a "Must win situation" and tomorrow's night isn't?  

I mean in reality the sens can still be eliminated and from everything I've read the Devils are upset they didn't finish it off last night so, I'm thinking it's going to be one HELL of a battle.

May the best team win (hint: sens) LOL.

GO SENS GO

Offline sensrbest

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 08:39:19 PM »
It is a must win. Every game is a must win for the SENS.

It will be a hell of a battle.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
Quick Question
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 09:11:11 PM »
Yesterday's game was a must win, tommorow's game is a must win, and game 7 will be a must win. They're all must wins.

doc

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline jesusfreak5311

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 10:13:04 PM »
I don't know why anyone would be stupid enough not to realize that games 6 and 7 are both must win games.

Offline rakembaggemcurbem

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 01:07:23 AM »
Quote from: jesusfreak5311
I don't know why anyone would be stupid enough not to realize that games 6 and 7 are both must win games.

Hey! some of the fans are young and still learning...

I was thinking the same thing about the pic of bush you always post... you know stupidity....... :evil:

Offline HkyHottie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 10:21:13 AM »
Quote from: rakembaggemcurbem

Hey! some of the fans are young and still learning...

I was thinking the same thing about the pic of bush you always post... you know stupidity....... :evil:

Actually I'm not still young & learning.  I've been watching hockey since I was a little girl.  I've been attending games since I was a little girl.

I can't believe how stupid some people are not to realize what I meant in my post.  I know it's a must-win situation my question was simply referring to the reporters who think because the Sens won game 5 that they will take the series.  I'm not saying they can't but the media needs to chill.

Offline JustLearning

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Administrator
Quick Question
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 10:26:36 AM »

:!: Why do you feel it was necessary to criticize a legitimate question. If you don't have a decent answer for HkyHottie, or any one else who asks questions, then don't post. With the knowledge available on this board from experienced hockey fans, NOBODY should be afraid to ask any questions.

I do have one question for you though. Why do you always post that picture of Bush? It make no sense to me and probably not to anyone else either, except for the "victory sign".  :roll:

The Ottawa Senators. My Dream Team.
Die Senatoren von Ottawa. Das Team meiner Träume.
I'm really going to miss you A-Train  :byebye:

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 10:29:31 AM »
I think it has everything to do with a momentum shift in the Series.  A team that is on the brink of ellimination must dig down deep and overcome a huge confident opponent.  With the win now in game 5, all the pressure shifts to Jersey to not only put it away in game 6, but to do it in front of their home town. Jersey also does not want to come back into our Barn for a game 7 adding that much more to think about. The Sens cleared one hurdle and are now the confident team heading into jersey. It does not guarantee a win for either team, but one of them (Jersey) has to be just a tad bit more nervous than they were at the start of game 5.

I believe that would be the basis for a "Must Win" type label.
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline HkyHottie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 11:30:19 AM »
Thank You Dagwood! Much Appreciated.   :lol:

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 12:40:14 PM »
Any way you slice it, it's a must win! I'm nervous already!!!!
16 playoff wins=Holy Grail.....Sens 2006...Can't wait to pad the stats against the Blues!