Author Topic: Finally, Prusek gets his chance!  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Lalime40

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Finally, Prusek gets his chance!
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2004, 07:05:19 PM »
Quote from: Paddy

Might as well get your shots in while you can because you'll be getting it right back immediately following Lalame's next meltdown, which is always just around the corner.

bring it on, i've been dealing with it all season. I've been stock piling some of the Pro Prozak excuses to use when that time comes.

Offline Lalime40

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2004, 07:07:26 PM »
Quote from: Docawesome
Quote from: Lalime40
Quote from: BingoSensFan
Emery has been struggling.  When he was suspended, Billy Thompson provided better goaltending.

people here think he's the next big thing.

Can you blame them?

Can't wait for Prusek/Emery next season.

too bad you'll be waiting longer than that for that combo. Like i said, i've never seen him play, but his stat's from what I've heard could be better.

Offline SENSfreak_03

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2004, 07:12:41 PM »
Emery has been struggling.  When he was suspended, Billy Thompson provided better goaltending.

Can you blame them?

too bad you'll be waiting longer than that for that combo. Like i said, i've never seen him play, but his stat's from what I've heard could be better.

i think its more of a possibility then you think, emery has played well in the 2 nhl games he has, but the final decision will be made depending on how this team fairs in the playoffs. more specifically lalime. being a free agent at the end of the year, he has to come up huge imo if he wants to stick around. i think he can, we will see if he does.

Offline DocHollywood

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2004, 07:22:02 PM »
Lalime is our goalie for the playoffs no question about it. I like Lalime but,  I like eveyone else is very frusrated about his play. He is a playoff goaltender and anybody that says he isn't is very wrong. He has played exceptionally well in the past 2 playoffs with an outstanding GGA. I am offically on the bandwagon for Lalime and I am giving him the supprt he needs. We are either going to win with him or lose with him. The goaltending controversy has to end cause there is just no time for the back and forth BULL between goalies alternating. Prusek will play 2 games maybe 3 max. Lalime will get the bulk of games preparing for the playoffs. Tonight is the turning point for Lalime. Just watch.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2004, 07:24:24 PM »

Can you blame them?

Actually his numbers are good consider he's playing on one of the worst teams defencively. His .921 save percentage is excellent, and if you compare it with the 2.48 GAA it shows that the team playing bad defence.

So no we won't be waiting for a long time at all. I'm certain it will be Prusek/Emery next season. Lalime will be free agent at the end of the season and the team knows what they have in Lalime and they know he's not going to improve. There's also a $2,575,000 tag on him that they wouldn't mind dumping. Why in the world would they sign him for 3+ mil and let go of a Prusek? It wouldn't make any sense. Unless the Sens win the cup with him in net.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline TrentBlue

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thismagazine.ca
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2004, 07:30:03 PM »

Can you blame them?

Actually his number good consider he's playing on oe of the worst teams defencively. His .921 save percentage is excellent, and if you compare it with the 2.48 GAA it shows that the team playing bad defence.

So no we won't be waiting for a long time at all. I'm certain it will be Prusek/Emery next season. Lalime will be free agent at the end of the season and the team knows what they have in Lalime and they know he's not going to improve. There's also a $2,575,000 tag on him that they wouldn't mind dumping. Why in the world would they sign him for 3+ mil and let go of a Prusek? It wouldn't make any sense. Unless the Sens win the cup with him in net.

I too would like to see an Emery #1 - Prusek #2 combo - but my opinion may change should the Sens win the Cup.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2004, 07:34:12 PM »
Quote from: TrentBlue

Can you blame them?

Actually his number good consider he's playing on oe of the worst teams defencively. His .921 save percentage is excellent, and if you compare it with the 2.48 GAA it shows that the team playing bad defence.

I too would like to see an Emery #1 - Prusek #2 combo - but my opinion may change should the Sens win the Cup.

Absolutely. I'd change my opinion as well. However, it has to be a cup or at least game 7 of the finals. Conference final is not enough to save Lalime or the team from the wrath of the fans.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Paddy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2004, 07:53:47 PM »
i beg to differ, if Lalime had  a performance like that, he would have been hung. It's been happening all season.

It seems we agree! If I understand you correctly, you're telling me that Lalime has been playing all season like Prusek did in his "rare" mediocre outing.

Funny how when it's Prusek, all of a sudden it's the guys up fronts fault. I've been saying this about many of Lalime's games but they just get cast aside and Lalime is blamed. What a bunch of hipocrits. Either the guys up front are to blame or they are not.

I never blamed the team and I'm not a hypocrite!! I admit Prusek played poorly, by his standards. I don't think the team played particularly well in front of him but that doesn't excuse his performance.

this is what would be said if it was Lalime in there against the Oils: all of the goals from the Oilers last night were his fault, down too early for the first 2 and was cheating on the 3rd which led to him scoring on himself. get him out of here!

Yep!! I could certainly see myself saying that. All goalies have bad games from time to time, Prusek is no different. However it is the frequency of Lalime's poor outings that bother me.
:bag: :redribbon: :redribbon: :redribbon:

Offline DocHollywood

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2004, 08:35:40 PM »
Quote from: DocHollywood
Tonight is the turning point for Lalime. Just watch.

So much for my turning point :(

Offline blackredgo_lden4stan

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2004, 09:02:56 PM »

Yeah, I noticed your Lalime avatar was abandoned pretty quickly. :wink:

Offline Lalime40

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2004, 09:28:32 PM »
Quote from: blackredgo_lden4stan

LOL...

yeah, not tonight. He's let in 3 already.....I could make some excuses, but nah..he has made some nice saves though.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2004, 09:42:33 PM »
Quote from: blackredgo_lden4stan

LOL...

yeah, not tonight. He's let in 3 already.....I could make some excuses, but nah..he has made some nice saves though.

By his standards he's made some spectacular saves.

Offline sens_fan_6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2004, 11:12:56 PM »
Emery should play against Colorado on thursday.
Go Sens Go!

Offline SENSfreak_03

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2004, 11:15:51 PM »
billy thompson!!!!