Author Topic: Official Lalime Watch PLAYOFF EDITION.......(Vol. 4:Mar.25+)  (Read 57566 times)

Offline plcamp

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Official Lalime Watch PLAYOFF EDITION.......(Vol. 4:Mar.25+)
« Reply #1200 on: May 03, 2004, 07:02:28 PM »
Most of your points, which may be in fact true and are true IYO, you have been using all year. But I can understand why. It's because you can. Lalime's been bad all season so you've not needed to add anything to your arguments.

That's cool  8) .

Can't say I need to hear much more than that...My points are true, Lalime's been bad all season, and nothing more is needed in my argument.

Case Closed?
I have never had a thought which I could not set down in words, with even more distinctness than that which I conceived it

Offline plcamp

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 03, 2004, 07:10:21 PM »
Pattysgirl,

Here's a "what-if" for you to ponder.

What if Lalime does leave the Sens and is never ever heard from ever ever again.

Then who do I focus upon? What will I do in here? How will I survive? Have I become utterly dependent upon Patrick? Will life as we all know it cease? Should I be taking affirmative actions to assure he stays here? Is it possible to purchase dartboards with Patrick's face on them? (I'm a big darts fan)

I need your advice.
I have never had a thought which I could not set down in words, with even more distinctness than that which I conceived it

Offline Billy_Muckwalt

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 04, 2004, 08:32:32 AM »
Dont worry PL. I have an odd feeling this thread will live on, even if he ends up working at Sobey's.

I can just hear it:
I can't beleive he missed that falling case of mayo in the stock room!!!!
Sieve!!!

We'll have to have an "Eye on Lalime" thread in the general discussion area ;)
Luongo sucks.

Offline Lalime40

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 04, 2004, 08:55:35 AM »
Quote from: plcamp
Pattysgirl,

Here's a "what-if" for you to ponder.

What if Lalime does leave the Sens and is never ever heard from ever ever again.

Then who do I focus upon? What will I do in here? How will I survive? Have I become utterly dependent upon Patrick? Will life as we all know it cease? Should I be taking affirmative actions to assure he stays here? Is it possible to purchase dartboards with Patrick's face on them? (I'm a big darts fan)

I need your advice.

you could continue to harp on the new goalie whoever that may be. It won't be hard I wouldn't think.

Offline Pattysgirl

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 04, 2004, 10:26:20 AM »
Plcamp, you have become totally addictive! I can’t think of any other reason why I rush to my laptop to see what you have to say rather than working on my client’s cases! This has got to stop. I need immediate rehabilitation! LOL

I want to address your “monkeys flyin out of your butt” proposal first. Quite frankly, I think you have an ingenious business opportunity just waiting to be realized. You could single handedly build from a whim to an absolute phenomena that could conceivably rock the city of Ottawa . The potential is unlimited! Let’s not confine it to monkey logos on teenage bums or flying monkeys out of car windows. A flying monkey insignia at center ice at the Corel Centre, flying monkey flags exclusive to Canadian Tire – the possibilities are boundless. And another thought! If for some reason Pat should remain in Ottawa (and you already know how I feel about that), perhaps you could convince him to switch from Marvin to flying monkeys on his mask! Not only would it possibly afford him some comic relief but may serve as a huge distraction to the opposition.

The “what-if” that you have extended to me for my consideration is troublesome to say the least considering how I feel about Pat staying in Ottawa. It is impossible for me to intellectually serve two masters in trying to keep the best interest at heart for both you and Pat.

It’s a given. I only want the very best for Pat and that will be in a place where he is happy, healthy, confident and strong. That place may not be Ottawa. On the other hand, we have you to consider. I cannot believe that a person of your mental potency and caliber has become a prisoner of Pat’s allure (whether it is negative or positive). That in itself tells me that you must be an avid closet fan of his and the very thoughts of him leaving has stirred you into panic. Being as inexorable as you are in your cynical outlook on Pat, I have almost reached a conclusion that it is a classic case of “Me think thou doth protest too much”. Perhaps in your heart of hearts you truly believe that he is the one who will ultimately lead the Senators to that elusive cup but must continue to deny it lest you are left with no fodder for your postings. Perchance you are a huge fan of Pat’s but feel intimidated by the aggressive commentary that surrounds him and feel the need to conform to the masses?

Since I would miss you if you ever left, out of selfishness I feel obligated to somehow find a reason for you to stay. If you did lead affirmative action for Pat to remain, I hope you realize that you would have to become a staunch and supportive fan. The danger of this is the fact that you and I would become the minority and would be forced to sit together at the Corel Centre waving flying monkey flags like a pair of tools and having cups of beer dumped over our heads. Not a pretty picture. Maybe I should just invest in a dartboard for you and cut my losses!

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 04, 2004, 10:37:29 AM »
Being as inexorable as you are in your cynical outlook on Pat

I think it just became inexorable as he kept being proven right time and time again all season long.

Offline kjs

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 04, 2004, 10:45:31 AM »
I have almost reached a conclusion that it is a classic case of “Me think thou doth protest too much”.

Yikes, you too?  Plcamp as an in-the-closet self-hating Lalime lover.  :lol:

Offline Lalime40

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 04, 2004, 11:20:23 AM »
well his handle is plcamp, which could very well be short for "Patrick Lalime's Camp".

:)

Offline plcamp

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 04, 2004, 12:51:39 PM »
Perhaps in your heart of hearts you truly believe that he is the one who will ultimately lead the Senators to that elusive cup but must continue to deny it lest you are left with no fodder for your postings. Perchance you are a huge fan of Pat’s but feel intimidated by the aggressive commentary that surrounds him and feel the need to conform to the masses?

Well there's a lesson here for everyone.

You could be right about me. And you'll never know. For all you know, maybe I am Patrick Lalime, and not simply a fan of his?

So the lesson is that you can't just assume you know anything about real people's views on things when reading internet forums like this. Opinions and arguments can be feigned, and motivations can be almost anything.

Then again, I am right, so it is most unlikely I am feigning anything.

If you did lead affirmative action for Pat to remain, I hope you realize that you would have to become a staunch and supportive fan.

Well I don't follow that logic. Just because I may want fodder for this forum to continue doesn't necessarily imply I must become a supporter, let alone a staunch one.

Maybe I should just invest in a dartboard for you and cut my losses!

No need -- I printed a picture last night, and slipped it behind the wires on my current dartboard. Pupils of the eyes are now triple-20's, earlobes are triple 19's

---

But I do need to start thinking about which Sens player should deserve my attention when (whenever the) next season begins, just in case Patrick does leave... I am now accepting suggestions.

Offline plcamp

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 04, 2004, 12:55:10 PM »
I think it just became inexorable as he kept being proven right time and time again all season long.

It is tough being right all the time, I hope you all know and appreciate that.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 04, 2004, 12:59:47 PM »
Believe me, I didn't type that with a smile on my face :-)

Offline LostInTranslation

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 04, 2004, 01:19:51 PM »
Quote from: Billy_Muckwalt
Dont worry PL. I have an odd feeling this thread will live on, even if he ends up working at Sobey's.

I can just hear it:
I can't beleive he missed that falling case of mayo in the stock room!!!!
Sieve!!!

We'll have to have an "Eye on Lalime" thread in the general discussion area ;)

:lol:
The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Offline Pattysgirl

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 04, 2004, 01:27:36 PM »
Plcamp, based on the Ottawa Sun's grading, it's time to knock Pat off your list and go with De Vries, Bondra and Bonk.   :D

Offline LostInTranslation

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 04, 2004, 01:48:58 PM »
Does anyone do anything "based on the Ottawa Sun"? :lol:
The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you dont need it"

Offline thirstymoose_2000

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Official Lalime Watch PLAYOFF EDITION.......(Vol. 4:Mar.25+)
« Reply #1215 on: October 07, 2005, 12:08:21 AM »
PATRICK LALIME .833 SVPCT
PATRICK LALIME 7.50 GAA

Source NHL.com, not a great start for Patty!  :lol:
2011-2012 Season of the Young Guns!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 07, 2005, 01:25:37 AM »

Always knew it.

*runs away before Jenn gets here*
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you dont need it"

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 07, 2005, 01:27:51 AM »

Always knew it.

*runs away before Jenn gets here*

You can run, but I'm not convinced you can hide. :wink:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 07, 2005, 01:33:43 AM »
You can run, but I'm not convinced you can hide. :wink:

I could always ban myself... :lol: