Author Topic: This clown has to go --- Downie  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
This clown has to go --- Downie
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »
I heard the guys on the team 1200 talking about this...and I just watched the video.

Downie got a $1000 fine.   Are you frigging kidding me.  with his track record and this blatant...I repeat BLATANT intent to injure...he needs to get banned now.  What a dip schtick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsJtvXPhqXE

Ya it's Crosby...but that Ass fudge packer could have broken Syds leg in three places....  :icon_banghead:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline Cards

• NHL Veteran
  • I'm so lost...
    • View Profile
Re: This clown has to go --- Downie
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »
This a joke??

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »
 :icon_agree:   I couldn't agree more.  The look on Sid's face was painful to watch.  It must have hurt like hell.  I have no use for that kind of "game".   

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:15:22 PM »
:icon_agree:   I couldn't agree more.  The look on Sid's face was painful to watch.  It must have hurt like hell.  I have no use for that kind of "game".  

If that wasn't intent to injure, honestly, I don't know what is.   :smily677:  The only "game" that Downie was showing was "hunting" and it was "big game" hunting to boot!!  Not saying that any player taken down that way should not get the same 'respect' but, frankly, $1,000 is a complete joke!!!  As Liam Maguire said today on the Healthy Scratches "That's about thirty cases of beer!  Big deal!"  (Am I the only one who notices that he puts just about everything in terms of beer?!?)  I wonder what the NHLPA thinks about lame-ass fines like this?  Really. 

Abso-f&$!@*g-lutely ridiculous!! :icon_banghead:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
I don't know what's going on with the league office. Discipline seems to get more erratic all the time. Ovie gets suspended, and deservedly so, but within a week on either side of his incident, you get two total DB's in Downie and Cooke, both with histories, involved in incidents where there was blatent intent to injure. One walks away with a $100.00 fine (the equivilant of a parking ticket), and the other gets nothing, not even a warning. If hte league is serious about eliminating cheap shots, they need new blood at the helm of the disciplinary committee.

Personally, I'd vote for Shannahan or Chelios (if he ever retires).
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.